North County Cancer Fitness is focused on four goals to improve the lives of those affected by cancer in North San Diego County.
- To partner with health care providers, fitness professionals and the community at large to promote cancer fitness as a positive component of cancer treatment.
- To provide educational and referral services to both those affected by cancer and the surrounding community.
- To create a social network where women and men affected by cancer may obtain support and interaction with survivors and those in recovery.
- To provide financial support to those affected by cancer to enable them to participate in specialized fitness programs.
North County Cancer Fitness has a number of specific objectives to serve cancer survivors in North San Diego County.
- Promote fitness programs addressing low, moderate and high fitness levels for those diagnosed and being treated for cancer.
- Create an on-line wellness directory of healthcare professionals committed to promoting fitness for cancer survivors.
- Coordinate and facilitate a support group for those affected by cancer.
- Offer educational opportunities to the cancer community and the community at large.
- Connect the North County Cancer Fitness website with local and regional cancer treatment, educational, as well as the websites of support organizations.